When one of your friends has a hot sibling, it’s natural to feel conflicted. You go through an entire range of emotions. Additionally, there’s obviously the whole friend code situation. And you always have to keep in mind that it has the potential to get really messy. Your mind becomes a constant battlefield.
If you’re in that situation, you’ll probably have experienced the following:
1. You notice their hot sibling and all their khoobsoorti casually one day
It’s one of those situations where you do a double take and think, “Shit, yeh toh kaafi hot hai.” There may not necessarily be any wind blowing their hair every which way, because yeh Bollywood toh hai nahi, but you’re still left staring awestruck.
2. And you can’t help but think, “Wait, what?”
You’re kind of just like yeh kaise ho gaya. You also start to wonder how and when puberty hit them like a bus and why you never noticed this before.
3. You start to realize that it may not be entirely appropriate
They’re your friend’s sibling. There are always boundaries – boundaries that you feel you shouldn’t really be crossing.
4. As a result, you tell yourself nahi yaar woh bhai/behen jaise hain
You try to see them as our bhai/behen to make things halal and minimize any possible damage.
5. And soon realize you’re lying to yourself
Nope – doesn’t work. Your mind sees through your weak tricks and puts you in your place by bringing back the attraction with a bang.
6. It becomes kind of hard to be around them
It’s awkward. It’s low key embarrassing. You keep thinking about how you might be giving yourself away. Plus you need to act normal in front of your friend. It’s a struggle.
7. You don’t know what your emotions are doing anymore
All you can think of is how your feelings are about to make a perfectly normal situation a complete mess. It also doesn’t make sense to you. You keep thinking, “Why me?” On one hand, you plan out dates and the names of your children in your mind. On the other, you keep telling yourself to stop.
8. You’re kind of scared that your friend will find out
Not only will your friend most likely judge the fuck out of you, for some people this can also be a deal breaker. Plus they might even remind you to stay in your auqat.
9. You’re also kind of scared that the hot sibling will find out
Is there anything more embarrassing than having the hot sibling find out you kinda have a crush on them? Especially if nothing can really be done about it? You constantly have to tell yourself you to be normal.
10. You wonder if honesty is the best policy
At some point, you’ll consider telling your friend or their sibling. You weigh out the possibilities in your mind and wonder if the scales might tip in your favor.
11. But you know that’ll just make things awkward
You soon talk yourself out of it because the cons outweigh the pros by a mile.
12. Your internal monolog basically becomes you wondering “ab kya karoon”
You’re stuck in this situation with all these feelings and emotions – all of which you internalize because beizati bhi nahi karani. All you’re left doing is chalking up possible scenarios and constantly asking yourself why you’re like this.
13. Finally, you’re left experiencing several “koi aur nahi mila tha” moments
Out of all the people you know – out of all the people in the world – you have a crush on someone who you can probably never be with. You can’t help but marvel at your luck.
When you’re in this situation, eventually, you just come to terms with the fact that you’ll have to deal with it and wait for the crush to wear off. So you wait it out patiently – being the great friend that you are – hoping this debacle will be over sooner instead of later.
Cover image via: dawn.com