Being a baji doesn’t only mean that you’re eldest among your siblings but within your social circle as well. You will ask how does that happen? How someone becomes a universal baji? Well, well, well. In this way that there are people around you who have been calling you baji since their childhood and then in their footsteps, rest of the crowd joined in as well. Those who are bajis, will relate to this a lot.
1. People other than your actual siblings call you baji
That’s the first sign!
Your cousins, your juniors, your mohallay kay bachay.. you’ll be the baji of them all.
2. You’re the go to mashwara person for everyone
Career choice questions, university choices. Should I do medical or engineering?
3. Your juniors and siblings and baby cousins and your neighbors, all tell you their relationship issues because you’re a baji
They trust you. Shusshhhh.
4. Relationship advice, gift dena hai etc. etc. you’ll be the first one who gets the call
Although you’re single AF yourself.
5. You sometimes get annoyed because you’ve to keep in too many secrets
And you’d want to share them with someone because gossip but no, you’ve to keep the bond of trust.
6. But you enjoy them as well because that means you’ve got gossip on everybody
Secretsss. Secretsss. All the juicy secretsss.
7. Favors. Everyone asks favors from you
You sometimes get tired of it but you keep on giving them because you’re a baji.
8. But you get to have so much izzat
Everyone knows you and you’re respected everywhere because you’ve that bond of trust.
9. Heart to heart conversations? You’re the go to person for them
Though you’ve no idea what you’re doing with your life.
10. You enjoy cooking and feeding people
You’ll share food with everyone. Even your colleagues who don’t even reckon you as a baji but you do that just because you’re born this way.
11. You also love setting up your dinner table for unexpected guests
You’ve found yourself doing at most inappropriate places. Like a restaurant where you start arranging the table after you’re done with your food.
12. You’re baji to those even who are older than you
And you’re like what even?
13. You’ll find that others have saved your name in their phones with the surname ‘baji‘
And again, dhair sari izzat!
14. Being a baji, your siblings consider you the mother when mom is not home.
And this can go pretty chaotic if you’re a laid back person like me if you don’t know how to cook or where every other person’s belongings are present.
15. You have developed baji instincts about everything
They’re something closer to maternal instincts where you’re taking care of people around you at the expense of yourself.
16. And you hold a power – the baji power
You’ve too many minions around you which are always there to party with you but With great power, comes great responsibility.
But despite all of this, the feeling that the word baji holds is something that is closer to being a mother. :’)
Cover image via: Hum Network Limited