Life as someone who has severe butterfingers has really taken a toll on my social life – not that my social life was brimming, it was more primal. If you don’t know what social media butterfingers means, imagine this gif of Rafiki f****** up…online.
Suffering from social butterfingers is someone suffering from the case of the clumsinesses online. Life is a fiasco. It’s a hard disease to live with and unfortunately, chances of recovery are slim. If you’re suffering from symptoms of this fatal illness, then here are 13 things you will surely relate to.
1. You’ll be talking to a crush and accidentally WhatsApp call them.
2. It’ll happen on Snapchat too – you’ll be sending snaps and your fingers will slip and you’ll ring them or accidentally replay their Snap…
3. You’ll take a screenshot of a conversation with someone…and then send it to the same person.
4. You’ll message the wrong person just because their name is literally either above or below the actual recipient.
5. You’ll send empty voice notes.
6. Forget butt dialing, Siri has ruined life with automatically picking out random contacts and calling them for you.
7. Scrolling into the hidden realm of old Instagram posts is a dangerous game…especially when you like a 234509694-week old photo of someone.
8. …Or when you favorite a 204634574587-old tweet of your potential bae.
9. Let’s not forget sending the kissing emoji when you actually wanted to send the crying laughing face one.
10. Or how about when you accidentally like a post on Facebook. Social suicide.
11. When you snap the wrong side-bae. Whoops.
12. When you screenshot a Snapchat convo…and forget that notifications are sent.
13. You might occasionally send something in the wrong group chat. Soz fam, those nudes aren’t mine (jk, nudes? Astag besharam)
So, there you have it. Be careful on the interwebs, kids.