First things first, being a person on your own is super important. However, considering we do not reside in a vacuum, wanting someone to be by your side through thick and thin is hardly unreasonable. If you are single and are feeling a little left out considering 14th February is just around the corner, here is how you can spend Valentine’s day positively and on your own:
1. Buy a book (even if you’re not into reading), sit somewhere nice for a while and reflect positively on life.
Think about how you’ve come a long way from being a shy teenager who couldn’t go anywhere without your friends to someone who enjoys doing things on your own. Yes! And pat yourself on the back.
2. Go to a spa. Use all that saved up money to get yourself pampered.
The services don’t have to be super expensive. You can get a back massage or organic cleansing in less than Rs. 1000.
3. Order yourself some fast food and gobble down everything. Cheat day!
For once, try eating all that junk food without worrying about diet or weight. Savor every bite.
4. Look for some homemade facial recipes and spend most of your day attempting to make it.
You’ll realize how happy you feel while relaxing in something you’ve made with your own hands.
5. Dress up in your best clothes and go out for shopping.
No mainstream shopping on Valentine’s day, buy all the randomest, cutest stuff.
6. Get yourself a nice big ice-cream cone, sit in a park and observe all the loved up couples.
You might end up writing a novel or a story and become an internationally bestselling author based on those observations. Who knows?
7. Finish a book or a movie you’ve been putting off for so long.
Just get done with it.
8. Reconnect with your old friends who you haven’t met in ages just because life has been so busy.
You have no idea how amazing you’ll feel. An old friend’s surprise tone is just so worth it.
9. Revamp and clean up your whole room. Rearrange your closet, put everything in order and change your bed sheets.
Amman bhi khush aur ap bhi. Therapy time!
10. Blast your favorite music and just dance.
11. But for GOD’S SAKE please don’t feel sorry for yourself.
Have fun all by yourself. This is YOUR day.
Got any other ideas for one, to do specifically on Valentine’s day? Let us know in the comments below.
Cover Image Via: springmediabubble.com