Despite the shit buckets 2016 brought along, it was a pretty eventful year for Twitter Pakistan. Brace yourself for the most epic tweets from Pakistan in 2016:
1. That time when the pyaara chai wala Arshad Khan made all the men a little too insecure.
"Mein bhi tou chai bana'ta hun" pic.twitter.com/WgSuFYYpEy
— Shumail (@Shumyl) October 18, 2016
2. That time when the war on twitter surpassed actual threats.
Hernia or gall bladder? https://t.co/M1Qz8MqQ4I
— m. (@not_my_name) September 29, 2016
3. That time when strong independent women got so extra.
Be an independent woman. Spank your own ass
— Ushnaa🐾 (@_Fortmajor) July 4, 2016
4. The time Sheikh Rasheed came in like a wrecking ball.
Who run the world?! pic.twitter.com/D1XFLPuyk1
— Fariha Awan (@Fay_Alif) October 28, 2016
5. That burn tho.
"Stay safe Islamabad"
JazakAllah dost, ap na kehtay tow hum centaurs k top floor say ulti kalabazi laganay walay thaay.
— Malik M. Nauman (@KuthaanJaaso) June 1, 2016
6. Those jabs at the desi rishtaydaar and their manhoos harkatein.
Larki walay: Hum shadi nahin kar saktay larki abhi parh rahi hai
Larkay walay: Chalain hum ghantay baad aa jatay hain
— Zaid Khan Suri (@LaalBull) March 21, 2016
7. The very twisted religious mumbo jumbo.
I cried. pic.twitter.com/Z2n9SBSUb0
— Sky is Neela (@SkyisNeela) September 9, 2016
8. The girl with all the answers.
friends who backstab u are just kanjars with khanjars
— Z. (@NurKhairDe) November 17, 2015
9. Dear future husband, make note…
My future husband is enjoying this romantic weather with his gf right now thinking nothing can tear them apart hahahah think again bitch
— N (@ElfNur_3) August 27, 2016
10. The time when we existentialism hits you right after dinner.
Life as a gulaab jamun would be so much more simpler. Loungin around in sheera all day, feelin good about how plump and soft you are. Damn.
— moonchild (@detachedstar) March 12, 2016
11. Them dope-ass rhymes.
mehndi hai rachnay wali
insta aur snapchat ki hai bajnay wali
— i. (@HorrendousBoi) July 5, 2016
12. “Baby don’t hurt me. Don’t. Hurt. Me. No more.”
when you ignore bae for the whole day pic.twitter.com/B1bGe7FYXM
— sushi (@lazydiana_) January 29, 2016
13. Another year, another 435272 dharnas.
— Fawaz (@Notfawwad) July 23, 2015
14. The time honesty wasn’t exactly the best course of action.
single girl on faecesbook posts a pic on a swing in a playground "i'll never let the child in me die" asked if she was preggo & she got mad
— HawkesBay (Löuche) (@HawkesBay) November 16, 2016
15. That defining moment of every relationship.
when she calls u "friend" instead of "bro" pic.twitter.com/LM6M0Me30D
— Meh (@mehravarr) September 10, 2016
16. The time desi moms got no chill.
Me: Mom, won't be coming home for dinner.
— Haadia. (@HaadeaP) October 4, 2016
17. This guy with a damn good photoshop job.
Photobomb lvl: #1 pic.twitter.com/PM0qgRyxDD
— Ahmed Zulfiqar (@azkhawaja1) August 21, 2016
18. This dude who was just meeting parental demands but lolololol.
Throwback to last Eid when papa asked for a full picture. pic.twitter.com/f2FtXjnwXe
— Shabbir Kazmi (@HaayeShabbir) September 13, 2016
19. This fucking hilarious shit right here.
— Saiber Bullie 🏇 (@QasimZaidi_) September 18, 2016
20. That moment when Pakistanis just got too damn basic.
If a Pakistani ever goes to the Moon, his/her first response after coming back to Earth would probably be, "kisi ne pani tak nahin pucha!"
— Saniya (@Saniyazing) August 23, 2016
21. “Dil tou pagal hay. Dil deewana hay.”
"pyaar toh tabhi hogya tha jab woh apni jaan musibat mein daal ke mujhay baraf se pani bananay ati thi".
— Hassan. (@Jerrienius) May 2, 2016
22. That moment your pocket just wouldn’t let you enjoy the finer things in life.
— Some Sad Chick (@AmnaAbbas) October 25, 2016
23. Just some everyday scenes on National Geographic.
— Someone finally (@anthonypermal) July 17, 2016
24. The time this joke format got a little too introspective.
Ayesha, its good that you wear burqa but it doesn't mean that shaming people for makeup and sleeveless is your farzh pic.twitter.com/U9shljgcxZ
— Shummas 🌞 (@CosmicEquations) September 17, 2016
25. When bae is being unreasonable.
Begum: Kal dafter k bahanay sara din kidher thay??
— I. (@imdadawan) August 23, 2016
26. That time when things were lost in translation.
Meanwhile in Pindi pic.twitter.com/kQuKlCzfsS
— Samia (@SeverusSnake_) October 10, 2016
27. That guy who rained on everybody’s parade (for good reason)
Who called it graduation gown and not unemployment uniform?
— Saad Amjad (@SaadAmjad_) November 7, 2016
28. Bik gayi hai gormint.
Hey spelled backwards is yeh and yeh bik gayi hai gormint.
— Gormint (@RabyaAhmed) February 4, 2016
29. Tfw Harambae is on yo mind.
When you're texting bae but thinking about harambe pic.twitter.com/KcstTYPfIj
— t**** (@pillowsophical) August 14, 2016
30. Only single friends will understand.
That's the grip of a life long bachelor. pic.twitter.com/1aLl4zjs8Z
— Ozymandias (@Intellechawwal) April 14, 2016
31. And the award for the most endearing moment of 2016 goes to…
My bestfriend is wheelchair bound,she cant walk but it has NEVER stopped her from flying.My daily dose of motivation pic.twitter.com/xVK77DOIMx
— Osama. (@ashaqeens) August 29, 2016
32. A little salute to king Misbae.
"Who's your daddy?" #1 pic.twitter.com/iyfwdvWLmD
— Sarkhail (@Sarkhail7Khan) August 22, 2016
33. Only 90s kids would understand.
I miss this childhood game. pic.twitter.com/As5QtUfQdO
— RizwanPehelwan (@RizwanPehelwan) August 5, 2016
34. Them ~feels~
me to my crush pic.twitter.com/xg0t4m4zqF
— Saman (@Samessii) August 28, 2016
35. That very entertaining mental imagery.
Aunty ne dupatta itne josh se ghumaya ke barabar wale sahab ko literal haya ka chamaat pargaya.
— Ali H. Abbasi (@themaholupper) September 20, 2016
36. Captioning headlines like…
When you've finished watching Inception for the third time pic.twitter.com/PlBxfdfava
— Mahwash Ajaz (@mahwashajaz_) December 28, 2015
37. Rishtaydaar bhi kabhi bhi jaan nai choreingay.
*Goes to jail*
Relatives : Humare liye kya laye ho?
— Sir Saith Abdullah (@SaithAbdullah99) January 24, 2016
38. The most powerful piece of poetry ever written.
Woke up to this. pic.twitter.com/psyioD7J1S
— nma. (@namaloomafraaad) June 16, 2016
39. The very apt pictorial representation of life in 2016.
— Moochar (@AsliBinLaden) March 19, 2016
40. That time internet won itself over multiple times.
Internet is an amazing place pic.twitter.com/4PYjvOQkDP
— Nauman (@iNaumanDogar) June 30, 2016
41. Pakistani moms > Everything else.
in pakistan, mothers don't say "I love you", they say "ulloo ki pathi sara din sothi rehti ho" and I think that's beautiful
— shy fawkes (@aloovibes) June 12, 2016
42. That time when hints were dropped like bombs.
Bae, take notes. pic.twitter.com/55dVBrTiFq
— Khan (@NoorKKakar) February 2, 2016
43. The time ammi ji started to play it cool.
How Ammi sends me rishta pics. pic.twitter.com/fPjN7PpIc7
— 5igh. (@5aad) December 3, 2016
44. THIS VERY SATISFYING RETORT.
So an American friend asked when I would visit and I said 'I don't know if it's safe to visit your country' and man that felt good
— Zarrar Khuhro (@ZarrarKhuhro) November 18, 2016
45. When your little brother trolls you.
My 12 y/o brother, everyone.. pic.twitter.com/NOBOpZSDTL
— 'Jaat (@TheValhalla) December 12, 2016
46. THE BANTZ ARE U N R E A L.
Pakistan Army pigeons interviewing a potential candidate to carry out future cross border operations. pic.twitter.com/iJjf2mO5DX
— Khushal (@Khushal) November 4, 2016
47. How’s your DM game?
Wow this boys dm game is too strong pic.twitter.com/JSSKm8qDfv
— i. (@psychedliqz) June 27, 2016
48. The time when Pakistani internet had a collective meltdown over this public display of LUNACY.
you guys i think someone threw their naara at the helicopter too.. pic.twitter.com/MMHnFaxAk0
— Faizan. (@merabichrayaar) March 29, 2016
49. “Bachay chukan aali maii.”
Can't fathom people who write 'taken' in their twitter and insta bio. Taken? By whom? Bachay chukan aali maii
— SZK (@PainduSarkar) September 24, 2016
50. When your paros wali aunty is just so unreasonable.
When paros wali aunty denies to return the ball pic.twitter.com/oeDdIMW9zB
— Adnan (@MrBubbyy) July 15, 2016
51. This very enthusiastic job applicant.
— J. (@Jaweriyaa) April 5, 2016
52. The very perplexed grandson of all time.
When you're meant to be enjoying Azaadi with nana but have begun to wonder whether PTI really is right about dhandli pic.twitter.com/EaoCFlVUjW
— Ahmer Naqvi (@karachikhatmal) August 14, 2016
Pretty great year in tweets, wasn’t it?
Here’s everything else that happened in Pakistan in 2016
For more fun videos, subscribe to the MangoBaaz channel on YouTube.