Kangana Ranaut is one of the biggest stars of Bollywood these days. She has been winning awards and audience appreciation, left, right and center. She has, however, worked hard to find her way to the top.
She has taken acting projects very carefully, always portraying empowering women. Be it the coming-of-age performance in Queen or the amazing turn in a double role in Tannu Weds Mannu Returns. With her hard work and dedication she has managed to become a favorite of many and she has a thing or two to teach our Pakistani actresses.
In a conversation about recent controversies surrounding her relationship with Hrithik Roshan and her personal life, in general, this is what Kangana has to teach Pakistani actresses:
1. How jealous people label women
2. And how to respond to those people
3. How showbiz treats women
4. On the heroes she wants to work with
5. This is what she has to say about treating mental illness as a scandalous thing
6. This is what she says about working with Shahrukh, Aamir and Salman Khan
7. On how she deals with pressure situations
8. Here’s what Kangana thinks about women being shamed for having periods
9. What she thinks about desi society being respectful towards our women
10. Kangana thinks women don’t need to compete with men
11. And she thinks a healthy competition, regardless of gender, is needed for a successful society
12. Despite all her empowering messages about feminism, she teaches humility
13. And most of all, she teaches not to be pretend
These are lessons that not only every Pakistani actress needs to learn, they are life lessons for every person – guy or girl.
You do you, Kangana!
Cover Image via: Sapo Maga
Zarra ye bhee check karein: