Birthdays in the summer may not have been your best memories when in school. If you happen to be a summer baby and do no have the budget (like most of us) to go on elaborate trips, we have got your back.
Let us narrate the oft-repeated story of the lonely, forgotten summer birthdays (that most of the summer babies have to live through) and whine together:
1. Everybody is out there, either busy with their families or exploring the world and you just sit at home scrolling through your Facebook news feed relentlessly.
2. You get an endless stream of apologies while you were expecting an awesome surprise party by your friends.
Because let’s face it, everybody has got their own summer plans.
3. Although, less birthday parties (if you are lucky enough to get one in the first place) mean you can spend as much time with yourself as you want and reflect on all your (bad) life choices.
4. You get to go to the movies, or have a marathon at home to watch all those that you’ve been meaning to watch.
5. But no friends mean no birthday presents. No Khaadi Kurtas, bags, makeup or wrist watches for you.
Also, you will have to pay for your spa services yourself, too.
6. Staying indoors in 45 degrees >>>>>> your birthday party.
Sorry buddy but that is how it is.
7. Nobody wants to hang out with Cancerians anyway.
So you just better spend your time looking up for some zodiac facts about cancer and cool about yourself. Well, there there. I am a summer baby too (if it makes you feel any better).
8. But then you do not really have to worry about your birthday clashing with other national/cultural holidays.
You won’t even have to work hard to get your friends’ attention (provided if somebody has actually stayed back for the summer break).
9. And the friends/family members who are actually in the city have their internships or work that are apparently so intense that they cannot take out even an hour to visit you.
10. On the contrary, you have no classes/quizzes/assignments or exams coming up. Unless of course, you are employed.
11. Your sweat glands will be hard at work.
12. If nothing else works out, you can just paint your toenails pink, go out and have some… gola-ganda.
The ultimate treat for beating the scorching heat. Yes guys, you paint your toenails too. That’s how it’s fun.
13. You get to be a strong person and learn to face life on your own.
Or face that spa day alone, at least.
Cover Image Via: Sufia Qazi