Once upon a time, there was a trend on a Facebook page called The Sarri-alist Movement about how Ammis would drive their kids crazy. “Sarrialists” confessed and shared some of their most precious childhood moments.
1. Perhaps the biggest troll of our lives. No matter how smart we think we are, at one point of our pointless lives, we did believe in all those made-up convos.
2. The times when our mothers would stay awake with us all night just to listen up to our poorly crammed crap and prepare us for the exam next day. Or sometimes, you know, to be just there, as a moral support 😉
3. And then they wonder why Pakistanis are so superstitious…
4. Host: “Yeh lou, baita. Ice-cream khao.” *Looks at mom. Receives the deadliest of death-stares*
Nehi nehi, aunty. Bhook he nehi lag rehi bilkul bhi. 🙂 🙂 🙂
5. Asking your mom to literally dictate word/meaning/sentences and getting caught by your Urdu teacher the next morning, “Yeh jumlay aap nay khud likhay hain?” -__-
6) “Reprimand him. Hit him. Do whatever it takes to make him serious about studies. We won’t mind. He’s totes your responsibility at school.”
…Kia itna bura houn mein, Ammi? :’(
7. Despite that. They are always there to knock sense into our knuckleheads when we need it the most.